Thursday, June 2, 2011

Coming Soon...

I am adding more to my collection...

Another lungfish. I've ordered for Protopterus aethiopicus (the Leopard/Marbled Lungfish) and Lepidosiren paradoxa (the South American Lungfish) but came across a cheap Protopterus annectens (almost 12", less than RM100), I just can't resist!

Basically, I was looking for these-



Adult Lepidosiren paradoxa


Protopterus aethiopicus (baby)


Protopterus aethiopicus (adult)

that is one very big fish or a very petite dude!


Here's a photo of the actual fish, resting in an aquarium some where in KL at my Kaki Cari Ikan brother GG Ming of Fins N' Greens (he's on facebook, check him out)!

Protopterus annectens (kot?)

It'll be coming to Langkawi next week... I just can't wait!!!


Also... I've just confirmed an order of 6 of these!!!

Erpetoichthys calabaricus the Rope/Reed/Snakefish...

The net listed its maximum size at 3 feet but they're slow grower. Most max out at 20".


They're like olive green snake with fins...


A well-fed (fat) ropefish... They're related to the Bichirs (Polyopterus sp.)


In case you don't know what's a Bichir is...

The beautiful Polyopterus endlicheri, I might be getting one too.... ekekeke


The more commonly seen in Langkawi Polyopterus senegalus


The slightly more expensive albino Senegal Bichir...


And MAYBE a few of these!!!

Pantodon buchholzi the African Butterfly Fish. It kinda looks like the Asian Arowana Scleropages formosus.

Kinda looks like the Asian Arowana with long trailing fins...

Yes... It is related to the Asian Arowana


Surface dweller and surface feeding and a jumper... Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment